30. Her Majesty is the monarch to 14 nations along with the U.Ok. She can also be Head of Commonwealth, which consists of 54 nations.
31. However these aren’t her solely roles. She additionally holds the titles of Head of State, Head of Nation, Head of Armed Forces, Sovereign of the Garter, Defender of the Religion and Supreme Governor of the Church of England amongst others.
32. As Head of State, Her Majesty should keep impartial on political issues. Subsequently, she does not vote or stand for election. Though, because the royal family’s website explains, the monarch does have ceremonial and formal roles referring to the U.Ok. authorities, like opening new classes of Parliament and approving orders and proclamations via the Privy Council. She may appoint a first-rate minster and meet with her or him often.
33. In Might 2021, the queen opened Parliament for the 67th time—having opened it yearly of her reign besides 1959 and 1963 (when she was pregnant and anticipating Prince Andrew and Prince Edward).
34. Audiences, or one-on-one conferences, are a part of Her Majesty’s job. In line with the royal family’s website, there are greater than 170 ambassadors and excessive commissioners in London at any given time, and the monarch may have an viewers with each shortly after the person has assumed the position. She additionally has a weekly viewers with the prime minister wherein they talk about authorities issues.
35. By 2016, the queen had held more than 660 investitures (an occasion that awards honors to people for his or her achievements, bravery or providers to the U.Ok. and British oversea territories).
36. Her Majesty has greater than 600 patronages.
37. Her reign hasn’t been utterly with out criticism. After Princess Diana’s dying in 1997, for example, Her Majesty confronted public criticism for initially staying at her Balmoral Fortress in Scotland, as a substitute of returning to London, and for initially not flying the British flag at half-mast, which did not occur till the day of Diana’s funeral. The monarch later addressed the Princess of Wales’ dying in a televised assertion.
“I admired and revered her for her vitality and dedication to others,” she mentioned partially, “and particularly to her devotion to her two boys.”